Tips for An Easy Moves
In our quest to make your move as painless as possible, we thought it prudent to include a top ten tips page. Please remember though, for free and easy advice, but with the human touch, we’re only a phone call away:
Please find detailed below our top ten tips dedicated to help you achieve a stress- free relocation.
- Always make sure to read all relevant meters in the house you’re vacating.
- Remember to always defrost any fridges or freezers prior to your move, especially if you’re going into storage.
- Remember to let the utilities (gas, electric and telephone) know about your move. Also, tell the building society/bank, D.V.L.A. and friends of your new address.
- Always ensure that the utilities are connected to your new home a day before your arrival.
- Have the Post Office re-direct your mail to your new address.
- If you are packing your goods up yourself, always remember to label as you go; it’ll save time at both ends. Remember Easyshift’s packaging, is high quality and reasonably priced.
- Always make a thorough inspection of your goods with an appointed member of the Easyshift team once the move’s complete.
- Use some washing up liquid at the base of heavy items such as washing machines to ease them out to disconnect pipes so as not to rip lino floors.
- Always let Easyshift know if any details about your move have changed.
- Check that the door frame and corridor sizes of the new property are wide enough to accommodate larger items such as wardrobes and settees during your removal.